quotes

"Learned a new word today- atom bomb. It was like a white light in the sky- like God taking a photograph. I saw it."
-Jim Graham, "Empire of the Sun"

Monday, April 25, 2011

Finished map

So I forgot to post it when I finished but here is the map of Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island that I drew. I used a quill pen with interchangeable nibs and black and red ink. I was so happy I had red ink because if you look at my first post, red ink is used in the original map. I drew it on slightly discoloured parchment paper though it doesn't show the true colour here. I tried to get as close as possible to the real thing. I'd have to say the palm trees were actually the most tedious and the compass was right up there. But it was fun I must say! So how did I do?



2 comments:

Emily Chebul (: said...

I say better than the original by far (:

Gayane said...

I would pay for this drawing. frame it. and so that and hang it by my bed so that i could be filled with joy every morning